I just got the AMAZING pictures from our maternity session and posted some to facebook so I thought I would back up and retell that story. My too sweet sister and brother-in-law (Kimber and Jeff) got us a session with a photographer for Christmas. Laura Squire is Kimber's good friend and photographer extraordinaire. Check her out at http://laurasquirephotography.com/. She's actually based out of Dallas but has family in the area so we met up on Mother's Day weekend. Here are a few of the photos!
We did an early morning photo shoot in Castroville and then headed back to SA. Jim had intentions of going into work... he had already had a long, stressful week, full of late nights at the office. 5 minutes from our house we got rear-ended on the highway. Poor Jim's truck, and we're still dealing with insurance. The impact really wasn't that bad but immediately I wanted to cry because I knew we would need to go to the hospital and get checked out to make sure everything was ok with the baby. and we all know how well my last hospital stay went over with me. Long story short, we went to the hospital and got monitored for a few hours. Since we were there and the accident was someone else's fault I told the nurse we should do a sonogram to make sure everything was ok ;) she thought I was joking, darn!
The moral of this whole story hit me later that day. Both times I had gone to the hospital thus far in this pregnancy it was after one or both of us had had a very taxing week and were doing too much with work and not enough for our family. I asked Jim Cody if he thought maybe this was God's dramatic way of getting our attention and reminding us what really matters. We agreed it was.... and that we'd prefer not to have to go back to the hospital until we get to come home with our sweet girl.



No comments:
Post a Comment