Friday, August 29, 2014

The family that runs together...

Most families sit down to dinner together. Not us. We go on family runs. I always really wanted us to have that family dinner time and maybe someday we’ll get there but for now it’s not working out that way. Jim and I enjoy running too much to give it up. To be honest, I haven’t cooked a meal, beside when people have been over, since before Taytum was born. That probably makes me a bad wife. But then again I don’t have a husband that cares about having a big meal every night. Nor do I. We would rather go for a run so for now this works for us.

This week we finally got back up to 6 miles! This used to be a normal nightly run mileage for us but we’re a little out of running shape. Poor Jim works way harder than I do because he pushes the jogging stroller. Thank goodness for that thing! But a 10 pound baby plus the weight of the car seat and adapter is nothing to joke about. And also thankfully Taytum likes the stroller. I’d say she’s been pushed on over 100 miles since she was born. And yes, I realize you’re not “supposed” to push a baby in the stroller until they are older and have control of their head. Trust me, we aren’t going fast! We also stay on smooth surfaces and watch out for bumps in the road. She jostles around more when we are driving on a country road! Are people who live on bumpy roads discouraged from taking their babies on drives? I think not. I also rolled up a towel and put it around her head to make it more stable. I personally think she has good control of her neck for her age because of that but in reality she’s probably just normal.  I may be a bad mom for pushing her in a stroller so early… add it to the list. I’m sure it won’t be the last thing I’m judged for.

Over all I want our running to make an impression on T. I want her to have a competitive spirit. I want her to learn how to live a healthy life style and love being outdoors. She doesn’t have to want to run necessarily but if she doesn’t want to be an athlete I think it will crush me!

No comments:

Post a Comment