Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's a great day!

So some great things have happened!

1) Went back to see my doctor today. She seems pleased with all the test results and it's been a very uneventful week on bed rest so she's releasing me back to normal activity! I'm so relieved! However, I will admit that I did need the rest. She DID say that I could resume running but I'm going to lay off of that for awhile (if not all together). After last weeks scare I'm totally satisfied with just being able to walk and swim. Thankfully a lot of my job is writing reports which I can, have been, and will continue to do mostly from home. Especially on days where I have class at night, too.

I'm still sort of sad that I wasn't able to push my body to stay in running shape like I had planned but I'm doing much better. I feel like I was so easy going with the birth plan (I'm not going to freak if I have to have a C-section) and with breast feeding (we will just take it day by day)... but I wasn't prepared for this bed rest stuff. Tondre's weren't made for resting. well, naps yes, we are totally nap takers but not prolonged rest. I've been praying about it and asking for patience (another thing Tondre's don't have) and I'm feeling more at peace. I've been hard core running for about 5 years now.... maybe a good 3 months rest will be just what I need to recharge. My ultimate goal (and now it's in "type" so I have to stick to it) is to run the Rock and Roll half in December... no matter how slow I am! If that turns out to be impossible there's another race in Austin in January. I have no doubt that many will think I'm crazy but this is a goal I want to accomplish!

2) I was offered an internship position! This is a huge relief as well! I will be heading back to Northside for the 2014-2015 school year as an LSSP Intern! I won't find out what campus I'll be on until this summer or right before school starts. I'm hoping I don't have to drive all the way across town but we will deal with whatever we're given. This has the potential to lead to a real big girl job once I graduate so that's a big deal, too. cheers!

Thank you all for your concern and prayers! They mean more to us than you can imagine! Please continue to pray for an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby Taytum! I'll update soon about the babies room and all the great projects my wonderful husband has been working on. Here's a 27 week belly picture of me and my nephew. He says his belly is growing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment